Hi,

This may be unrelated, but I have observed that GeForce FX series graphics
cards do have problems drawing the left hand side launcher in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.
This bug has not been fixed at all in Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS.
I only tested this with 32-bit version.
I own GeForce FX 5200 and GeForce FX 5700 graphics cards (both AGP), and have
the exact same issue.
Is anyone aware of this bug, and when will it be fixed?
That being said, GeForce FX's ACPI S3 State resume (A source of irritation for
me since it is broken in Linux even today. ACPI S3 State has been around for 10
years already. How long does it take for Linux developers to fully test their
device driver code against ACPI S3 State?) seems to work fine with several
Intel and SiS chipset mainboards I have tested.

Regards,

fpgahardwareengineer

which is subscribed to libdrm in Ubuntu.

  Completely garbled video in X with nouveau with NV31M (Geforce FX
  Go5600)