I just installed Lubuntu Precise final in order to perform Lubuntu i386
Quantal upgrade testing and even the Lubuntu i386 Precise final will
display this behavior. If you don't "drag" the installer windows around
you can see still see "window-over-window" behavior.

Since a picture is worth a thousand words I'll repeat with an Lubuntu
Precise image and show you very soon ;^)

I somehow doubt this is a true Xorg bug ............. maybe more related
to the gtk2 -> gtk3 switch ????

I really don't think it's a serious issue, just cosmetic.

** Changed in: xorg (Ubuntu)

  Ubiquity screen problem during install.