Fair enough.  I never was one for the verbose messages, but I did
consider asking for a fresh set of logs from Quantal.  In the end I
thought it would be cleaner and less confusing to start with the new
logs in a new bug report, but putting them here will do.  I don't have
Chrome or Chromium so can you please go to that site you mentioned in
the last paragraph of comment #9 and run apport-collect 685321

And of course let us know which version of Chrome/Chromium you are using
and whether you manually over-rode the gpu blacklist/software rendering
list or not.  I'm guessing that you are doing this because the page at
http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1220892
states that on AMD/ATI cards on under Linux WebGL is unsupported and is
disabled by default.  I would assume that Google have already talked to
ATI/AMD about this for the binary fglrx (Catalyst) driver and to the
kernel, Mesa and DDX developers about this for the open-source radeon
drivers.

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-ati in Ubuntu.

  webgl doesn't work with chrome