Yes, I've heard about that too.  But it might be a different bug.  As
Dave said in comment #2, alusa's BootDmesg.txt shows that the system is
trying, but failing, to use the nouveau driver for the NVIDIA
Corporation GF108 [GeForce GT 540M] [10de:0df4] (rev a1) (prog-if 00
[VGA controller]).  I don't know if modprobing the kernel with a
blacklist is enough to stop the xserver from trying to support the
hybrid graphics.  If alusa can post another set of logs (by running
apport-collect 1074779) after booting with the nouveau driver
blacklisted as described in comment #2 that will hopefully help to
clarify things.

Also alusa has SandyBridge Intel graphics (third generation Core
i3/i5/i7), not Intel 915GM or Intel 945G so if this bug does turn out to
be in the Intel driver it's still likely to be a different bug.

  llvmpipe used after clean install instead of intel