I was curious about the dialog i receive often about some internal error
after startup, or while using the system, and looked at the details.
After that i found this bug.

The fact that in the last comments the touchpad is mentioned, and the
base report is loenovo x220 related, I can only provide a litte bit as
addition:

Current system with the latest updates:
Linux x220i 3.2.0-34-generic #53-Ubuntu SMP Thu Nov 15 10:48:16 UTC 2012 x86_64
x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
The synaptics package is:
xserver-xorg-input-synaptics           1.6.2-1ubuntu1~precise2

The syndaemon is running with params:
syndaemon -i 2.0 -K -R -t

And the most important info, i have totally disabled my touchpad for 5
months at least , because i am full satisfied with the trackpoint since
i used it with IBM thinkpads for decades. So the touchpad is disabled at
boot every time.

Do i need the syndaemon if i never want to use the touchpad? That would
be at least for only me(!) a possible workaround.

I also think the crash notification comes more frequently after i use an
external monitor and disconnect it (before or after shutdown does not
matter), and boot next time without the external monitor.

I hope this helps.

  Xorg crashed with SIGABRT in __libc_message() from malloc_printerr()
  via XIDestroyDeviceProperty