This bug affects me too, with the "Atmel maXTouch Digitizer" touchscreen
on the new Samsung XE700T1C (aka ATIV Smart PC Pro). After a while of
touching the screen it gets locked and I'm no longer able to touch
anything... the touch events appear to get accumulated and only released
when another device clicks.

For example, if I'm using OnBoard (onscreen keyboard) to type into the
Dash or a document, and I touch a bunch of keys nothing happens, but as
soon as I click with my mouse or wacom pen, all the characters I had
previously been touching are suddenly spat out into whatever text box I
was in.

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-evdev in Ubuntu.

  "Cando" Touchscreen buggy since Precise - After the first few
  successful "clicks" on the touchscreen, new "clicks" are not
  registered anymore.