By using the mentioned patch we enable people to use hybrid intel/fglrx systems
with no (at least from my point of view, correct me if I am wrong) disadvantage
at all.

There are two official packages in the repositories, i.e.
xserver-xorg-video-intel and fglrx(-updates), that make the intel/ATI hybrid
systems completely unusable when the two of them are used together.

This issue has to be addressed one why or another:
- My proposal is to revert that specific xorg-intel commit (and use the patch
at least in ubuntu, if upstream does not want to include it).
- If we decide not to do that, we should include a "Conflicts:" dependency in
the packages, and warn/disallow people to use the fglrx driver when the
xserver-xorg-video-intel is also used

In either case, something has to be done. This is a real problem and we cannot
just ignore it, let people shoot themselves in the foot and blame ubuntu for
fglrx drivers.

Just my 2ยข
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~andrikos/ubuntu/quantal/xserver-xorg-video-intel/fix-ati-hybrid/+merge/132956
Your team Ubuntu-X is requested to review the proposed merge of