Public bug reported:

Starting a couple of days ago, I notice the fan on my computer has been
constantly running hard. Doing a 'top' in a terminal shows that Xorg is
almost always at the top of the process list and almost constantly using
4% - 12% CPU. Looking at the system monitor shows both cores running at
60%+ constantly. The processor is an Intel B970 with Intel HDA graphics.
Not sure how much longer I'll have Quantal installed on this machine,
this behavior is not tolerable so I'll likely replace Quantal with
something else.

** Affects: xorg (Ubuntu)

  Xorg process is eating my CPU cores in Quantal 12.10