So there is small black blinking cursor in a top left corner and pointer also
blinks as in refresh at the rate of 1 second..
Screen goes blank very quickly but it is on again on any-key press.

After the reboot it is all ok now, but it is something I have never seen before.
What gives?
I am now running newest 3.7 kernel off the Ubuntu kernel ppa..and it does seem
stable.

E17 is also latest from the ppa 0.17 gamma. Seems not so buggy as last month's
iterations and runs rather fast and stable.
Still, some applications crash after prolonged and intensive usage.
I will test some settings and will update this bug.

  fast blinking pointer and top left small cursor field on e17 gamma