I don't have much experience in that area so I can't be sure, but I
think it would need to be backported.  It will probably show up in the
xorg-edgers PPA soon.  See https://launchpad.net/~xorg-
edgers/+archive/ppa?field.series_filter=precise for detail on how to
install and uninstall.  Note in particular the warning to install the
whole PPA and not just individual packages from it.  The other option is
to compile it from source on your machine - see
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CompilingSoftware

  MASTER: [i845] GPU lockup