This problem happens with Lubuntu 12.04 in almost unchanged
configuration.  My mouse model is Logitech M505 USB optical wireless.

With a 1:5 chance, the mouse arrow wouldn't move after startup.  I boot
directly into my account (no login necessary).  After that, I can see
the mouse error and I can even click a button which coicidently happens
to be under the mouse pointer.  However, I cannot move the mouse
pointer.  In most cases, a reboot solves the problem for the time being.

This has never happened with any Ubuntu version I used (since 2007), so
many it is a LXDE issue.

** Affects: xorg (Ubuntu)

** Tags: bot-comment
--