The problems is stated and detailed in this link:
There's the full ubuntuforums's thread for further details. I'll let just a few
words about it here.

I have an unstable system after upgrading from 10.04 to 12.04. On
undetermined conditions, my system abruptly logs out and it is showed to
me again the login screen: no warnings, no error messages. This all
happens in an instant: one second i'm working, the next one there's the
login screen.

After logging in again, all my work is lost, all programs were
automaticaly closed.

The only time-matching problem i've found in the logs is in
"apport.log": recurrent unhandled exceptions at exactly the same time my
system logs out.

** Affects: xorg (Ubuntu)

** Tags: exception invalid process unhandled
--
Session end (back to login screen) on apport unhandled exception
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/995294