I rebuilt xserver-xorg-core and xserver-common with the patch from
comment #19. It does help insofar as my touchscreen stays usable after
double-tapping something in nautilus in icon view. This machine (exo-pc)
does not have a touch pad so I can't test that. Bluetooth mouse works
fine. However, double tapping the touchscreen still does not trigger any
actions (open folder, open file etc.) in icon view
(https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-nexus7/+bug/1071922). It only works
as expected in list view.

  Using the touchscreen breaks normal device left clicking