In /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xdiagnose/welcome.py line 219
                "--height=480")
it is missing an ]
correct version:
                "--height=480"])

The same on line 229.

Same problem in file /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/xdiagnose/welcome.py

and two more syntax errors in other files: "print tr" and "print tree"
I just commended that lines out (with an #) and I get no more errors.

Wainting for an proper fix.

which is subscribed to xdiagnose in Ubuntu.

  SyntaxError when trying to update: 'invalid syntax' in
  /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xdiagnose/welcome.py'