Public bug reported:

I tried to start supertuxkart and it failed with a sgementation fault.
It seems to be different than the one mentioned in the other currently
open bug, so I decided to report my own.

haver@grobi:~$ supertuxkart
Irrlicht Engine version 1.7.2
Linux 3.2.0-36-generic #57-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jan 8 21:44:52 UTC 2013 x86_64
[FileManager] Data files will be fetched from: '/usr/share/games/supertuxkart/'
[IrrDriver] Creating NULL device
Irrlicht Engine version 1.7.2
Linux 3.2.0-36-generic #57-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jan 8 21:44:52 UTC 2013 x86_64
[IrrDriver] Trying OpenGL rendering.
[IrrDriver] Tring to create device with 32 bits
[IrrDriver Temp Logger] Level 1: No doublebuffering available.
[IrrDriver Temp Logger] Level 2: Fatal error, could not get visual.
Speicherzugriffsfehler (Speicherabzug geschrieben)
haver@grobi:~$

Installation is in German, that is why the error messages are localized.

** Affects: mesa (Ubuntu)

** Attachment added: "strace output"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1103110/+attachment/3495093/+files/supertuxkart.strace

which is subscribed to mesa in Ubuntu.