Any video does this. Also, full-screen skype calls freeze the computer
as well. The same for youtube videos played in HTML5. I don't know how
to get the i915_error_stat if the system is frozen...

As for the mplayer configuration, now I'm using only defaults in
Smplayer or GNOME Mplayer and it still freezes ("xv" video output"). So
to replicate it, all I have to do is start playing a video with a
mplayer-based video player in full-screen, that's all.

  [raring] full screen video crashes after Intel SNA enabled by default