@Christopher M Penalver - hi, I've been trying out the latest daily
Raring 13.04 build with the Nouveau driver.  As with all five previous
versions of Ubuntu I've had installed on this machine, it makes my
system rather unstable (using NVidia GT215/GT240 graphics card btw)
resulting in hard reboots being required within minutes of loading the
Desktop.

Whether this is related to the the bug using the NVidia binary blob I
can't say, as I'm not seeing much in the log files that means anything
to me.  The "end-user experience" however is identical - the screen
locks up, keyboard and mouse become unresponsive, I (usually) can't
ctrl+alt+F5 etc, meaning I have to do a cold reboot via the on/off
button.

The only clues I can see right now are in the syslog file - I've
attached the latest example for this crash.

In this case, my machine was on for 19 minutes before the crash.  I
believe things started to go wrong at 00:58:19, and then at 00:58:51 I
get:

"Feb 10 00:58:51 COOLERMASTER kernel: [ 1506.331437] nouveau E[     DRM]
GPU lockup - switching to software fbcon"

Unfortunately, I can't really offer any more than that at this stage...

** Attachment added: "syslog.txt"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nvidia-graphics-drivers/+bug/1077616/+attachment/3522665/+files/syslog.txt

which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers in Ubuntu.

  10de:0ca3 (EE) [mi] EQ overflowing.  Additional events will be
  discarded until existing events are processed