I have an Dell Latitude E5420 which was sold pre-installed with Ubuntu,
and this bug affects it too.

So far it seems that the effective remedy is removing Apport:
 $ sudo apt-get remove apport apport-gtk apport-symptoms python-apport

This solution is fine for me, since Apport anyways only wastes my time.
It wants to report the same issues over and over, and I never get any
feedback on the bug number or what happened to the issue, and I can't
find the reports anywhere, so I assume the reporting system is broken
and my reports don't actually get send anywhere or at least never get
processed.

It would be nice to see a Canonical blog post telling how much help
Apport-initiated reports have had in finding and solving bugs, if any at
all.

which is subscribed to xdiagnose in Ubuntu.

  apport-gpu-error-intel.py keep crashing for 4-5 times on every reboot