Public bug reported:

I am using ubuntu 12.04 on my Toshiba satellite C850-F32Z.

RAM 4GB
i5

The problem I have is it suffers total freeze, such that the only option I'm
left with is hard reset. It freezes often even when I'm just browsing and or
have a couple of folders open, but todays pissed me off coz by forcing a
restart I lost a lot of valuable information (Thesis) I was working. . It froze
when I tried to cut-paste a 8GB folder. Please, if you can help me on how to
stop these annoying ubu freezes, or atleast how to revert (without pulling the
plug)  whenever it freezes I will be greatful.
Thanks

** Affects: xserver-xorg-video-intel (Ubuntu)

  Freezing Ubuntu 12.04 on my Toshiba Satellite