Public bug reported:

There is pixel garbage over accelerated HTML5 video (Chromium, and
Firefox when layers.acceleration.force-enabled=true). The pixels are in
groups of 2x2 (with another 2x2 next to it) and usually red, but also
other colors such as purple or yellow. I will include a photo.

Intel GM965 with X3100 graphics core.

Kubuntu 12.04 with backports enabled.

** Affects: xserver-xorg-video-intel (Ubuntu)

** Description changed:

  There is pixel garbage over accelerated HTML5 video (Chromium, and
  Firefox when layers.acceleration.force-enabled=true). The pixels are in
  groups of 2x2 (with another 2x2 next to it) and usually red, but also
  other colors such as purple or yellow. I will include a photo.

  Intel GM965 with X3100 graphics core.
+
+ Kubuntu 12.04 with backports enabled.

  Pixel garbage over HTML5 video