The register dump confirms the logs in that no modeset was requested and
that the hardware is still driving the pipes as it was prior to the
black screen. As far as we can tell, the screen should still be lit up.

That suggests that something outside of the usual chain (and I suggest
-intel control) is interfering with the display.

  random black screen