I just did an new install of Ubuntu 13.04 this evening using the 13.04
Beta 2 DVD. The computer has nvidia video. Everything worked fine. Then
I did the updates as I always do after a new install. I rebooted, and no
video. This system has only Ubuntu on, so I don't get any options to
select from when I boot. How do I try the $ sudo apt-get install linux-
headers-3.8.0-18-generic option listed above to try to get things
working again? Live cd possibly? Is there a way to bring up a menu when
booting? Otherwise the only solution I would know is to wipeout the
install and start over. The location of this computer has a slow
internet connection so I hope I don't have to do that.

which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers-173 in Ubuntu.

  package nvidia-* failed to install/upgrade: nvidia-* kernel module
  failed to build (Unable to determine the target kernel version.)