I want to describe the problem again, as I've watched it in the last weeks:
I have freezes with kernel 3.8 and 3.9. It seems that the 3.8.8 is more stable
- but the system still freezes randomly. In very rare cases, the system reboots
immediately after the freeze (one of 10 freezes). I am using the kernel option
i915.reset=0.
I have tested the following kernel versions : 3.8.1, 3.8.2, 3.8.3, 3.8.4, 3.8.8
and 3.9-rc1/rc4/rc5/rc6/rc8.

I can't see any remarkable error messages in the log files and I am
unable to collect any data when the system freezes.

  [ivb] System freeze after high memory usage