This is correct. Regarding the crash when iGPU is selected, since it is similar
to Bug #1088220 I didn't report a new bug, but I can if you think it is useful,
regarding the bug with XvBA, I reported it as bug 789 on the unofficial ATI
Bugzilla, since the new drivers are apparently not available on the Ubuntu
12.10 repositories.
The bug reported here is fixed by the new drivers.

which is subscribed to the bug report.

  Low graphics mode in muxless hybrid ATI/Intel GPU systems after fglrx
  upgrade