Using LUbuntu Precise (12.04) on my TC1100.

Using the stock install, there is absolutely no response whatsoever from
the system when I trigger the three stylus buttons. Not when I cat
/dev/input/*, nor out of xev.

I manually applied the second wcmISDV4.c.patch file listed under patches
on the right. It *LOOKS* like the only difference between it and the
other copy is that the second one contains the diff command on the first
line. But I have to admit that I haven't diffed them to be certain. The
position in the file is considerably offset from when the patch was
originally generated. (new code inserted at line 787)

dpkg-buildpackage execution completed with non-error status.

Install the newly generated package and restart X. /dev/input/* still do not
twitch when I trigger the buttons.
HOWEVER, when I run xev and trigger the buttons from top to bottom (or right to
left, depending on the orientation of the screen) starting from rotate, I get:

MotionNotify event, serial 41, synthetic NO, window 0x2200001,
    root 0x152, subw 0x2200002, time 308508, (35,41), root:(57,334),
    state 0x0, is_hint 0, same_screen YES

MotionNotify event, serial 41, synthetic NO, window 0x2200001,
    root 0x152, subw 0x2200002, time 325562, (35,41), root:(57,334),
    state 0x0, is_hint 0, same_screen YES

MotionNotify event, serial 41, synthetic NO, window 0x2200001,
    root 0x152, subw 0x2200002, time 333829, (35,41), root:(57,334),
    state 0x0, is_hint 0, same_screen YES

So, needless to say, I'm getting input, so it's an obvious step in the right
direction, but I can't tell the three button presses apart from each other. I'm
looking into what I need to do next to make the buttons useful, finally.

which is subscribed to xf86-input-wacom in Ubuntu.

  tc1100 stylus buttons regression