Few weeks ago we moved from 10.04 to 12.04 at work. Mostly because of
newer machines had problems with older kernels (no SATA, no sound). I
have to admit that 10.04 was light years away from 12.04 when it comes
to stability. There was mean time between crashes measured in weeks,
when 12.04 can have 10 crashes in one hour. It's really disappointing.
Right now I'm upgrading kernel to 3.2.0-41 and hoping it will fix
freezes and crashes before coleagues at work crucifies me.

Will report after few days if that helped. If not, I have no clue what
will I do since I'm running out of options. So if anyone can help me
pointing in right direction or what can I do to help developers find and
kill this annoying bug, I'm here.

Oh and those 60 machines at work are all from DELL, models Optiplex
380SFF, 390 SFF and 1030SFF. Just what's built in, with Intel graphics
and all runing on Gnome Classic - no Unity. All machines are connected
to network and has mounted Samba and NFS shares, each one of 100 users
uses mostly Firefox, Thunderbird, LibreOffice, Audacity, VLC and some
custom developed software.

Ironicaly Ubuntu HCL lists those machines as compatible when clearly
they far from that.

  ubuntu 12.04 completely freezes frequently.