Public bug reported:

Today i've tried Ubuntu 13.04 amd64 desktop live from USB, on a laptop Sony
Vaio E Series SVE1712Z1E, and it cannot starts completely.
After the boot and loading of Ubuntu, it shows a blackscreen without errors.
I've tried to edit kernel parameters like "nomodeset" but without success.
1 time only, I've got a messed unresponsive interface (left side on right side
of the screen and the right side on left side with the Unity Ubuntu icon and
bar on the center).

Same behaviour with Ubuntu 12.04, opposed to ubuntu 12.10 that seems to
work.

CPU i7-3632QM 2.2 GHZ, GPU AMD Radeon 7650M 2GB, 8 GB RAM.

** Affects: xserver-xorg-video-ati (Ubuntu)

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-ati in Ubuntu.

  Ubuntu 13.04 doesn't show the GUI on Sony Vaio E series - Radeon 7650M