Hello.

I would like to provide testing for this bug if possible but I'm not
exactly clued up on compiling xorg-server from scratch. I figure it
could be useful to have a none-standard (ie not a laptop or tablet
device) low-end hardware test case but if it's unlikely to be useful
then please let me know.

One thing I've noticed is that once this bug has triggered (rendering
most GTK applications and the unity dash unusable), Nautilus continues
to function normally with the touch screen. Can anyone else confirm this
on a standard Ubuntu 13.04 installation?

Anyway, I can see the branch you're talking about and can clone the git
repository no problem.

> Copy the debian directory from xserver 1.14, and comment out each
patch that fails to apply in debian/patches/series

I'm not certain which directory / patches you're referring to here,
could you point me in the right direction?

I can duplicate this bug every time with a custom application which uses
a GtkToolPalette. It appears to trigger every time I tap a category
which produces a smooth roll-out animation - the hardware is pretty low
end so I suppose this additional load triggers a race condition? I can
trigger the bug in other normal uses but this one is guaranteed every
time.

  Inconsistent mouse events for Acer T231H multitouch monitor