I have the same fglrx-updates version. All the output of fglrxinfo is
the same as yours except for the renderer string and the compatibility
profile context (mine is 9.012).

If the second workaround didn't work, I would first uninstall the
proprietary driver and used the FOSS driver. If the FOSS driver doesn't
work (doesn't work for me, either), then try the first workaround. In
the rare event that something goes wrong, sudo apt-get purge fglrx-
updates and reinstall.

which is subscribed to fglrx-installer-updates in Ubuntu.

  "Unsupported hardware" watermark appears when FGLRX is installed on
  13.04