Here some more information:

(just for info: I went back to the orignal, open ubuntu drivers for the
Radeon HD 7450A card replacing the AMD proprietary driver.Allthough this
does not seem to have an effect on the bug)

1. Disabling PCI Devices:
I disabled the PCI-devices: Web Camand Wireless Ethernet:

echo 1 > /sys/bus/pci/device/$N/remove
... where $N is the slot you get listed with "lspci"

The system still hangs (disabling other PCI-devices too would probably exclude
further sources of bugs, but I am unsure
what else I could disable)

2. Disabling Input Devices
I disabled the Touch screen with:

xinput set-prop ID 'Device Enabled' 0
.... where ID is the device numer you get listed with "xinput list"

The system still hangs (disabling other input-devices too would probably
exclude further sources of bugs, but I am unsure
what else I could disable)

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-ati in Ubuntu.

  1002:6779 xorg hangs randomly with Radeon HD 7450A