What you say may be true on a micro scale, but on a macro scale,,,
such as when the person goes into my SSL certificates area and leaves
notes talkng about how useless SSL is and he knows how can beat it,
(and I don't have a clue as to whether he changed the security of the
whole machine any more than you are from me telling you this  story
and expecting yout to immediately believe it. , But then maybe the
only way to find tut if this is dangerous is to fhnd and locate the
guy. We are putting everyone at risk by ignoring it in light of my
very careful decision not to mention this except to my wife for years.
 I have thought many times that some of it was just coincidence.
But eventually coincidence falls to reallism. The most telling thing
happening was my wife's disk drive just by happenstance getting the
name that mimmicked my own Woody Guthrie parody making an analogy
between a guitar and the personal compouter.  But someone had to break
into my wife's computer to do that.  I'm so clueless about a lof of
this that I forgot the pasword on my windows machine and couldn't get
any of the supposedly foolproof  products out there to get into the
Window machine by braking in and getting the pasword.  But I've been
trying to educate myself by reading many of the documents in the
iinnards of the Ubuntu operating system..

As a lawyer, one of the things you have to look at is the totality of
the evidence.  There is overwhelming evidence of someone who enjoys
cracking into my machine and  may possibly be doing it on a larger
scale.
Frankly I don't have much of a clue, but if we were playing the game
Clue, my money would be on the guy who was in therapy with me moaning
and groaning about how he was treated at work, and he left the
impression it was a sensitive job involving monitoring computers. And
I was somewhat rude to him at  that meeting, not my usual persona burt
the guy needed somone to tell him the problem wasn't all ihis
coworkers. This was a group therapy session after all.  Maybe one of
them, or a small group of them might be treating him badly but not the
whole organization. Maybe his boss was a jerk and that was al it was.
I've had to deal with that and when it happens, it's not so bad
because everyone shares in the misery.

Ignore it if you want to but when this person causes major harm all I
can  say is that I finally did my part. Part of me fi8nds taling like
this distasteful as my years of public defending made me realize that
often the innocent person is a supsect for a long time.  And  have
only just a very. very  small amount of confidence that he is the
guyl. In fact, the odds are he isn't.

But I[m not asking anyone to go after this guy.  All I want is someone
to note if some person is getting in my machine who is not at my ip
address.  Because my wife is essentially a "shut-in" and I yhave to
bbe here to take care of us.  So we don't log into our accounts from
anywhere here but at this ip address. She uses Windows and I use Linux
and my bet is that they are entering my computer through her Windows
machine.  I need to learn how to make a complete, independent firewall
that logs everything and some advice on what computer program can see
anomolies in the IP address and where and what foreign IP addresses
are going when they enter here.

  I{'ve been hoping he goes away for years. But then something happens
that has the clear mark of a malicious human's handiwork written all
over it after a week, or a month, or 6 weeks or whatever goes by, and
there he is again. , have had too many of those incidents such that ,
I can't ignore it anymore and just chalk it up0 to my paranoia and a
coincidence or series of coincedences . And after years of having to
endure it, I have come to realize it's not a lof of people and it's
not the odd but but explanable  curious happenings.  It's one person
stalking me.  And I have no clue who it is and no reason to make it
up.  It's embarrassing to tell my life story.

And yes, I do suffer from paranoia but it is controlled by medication,
although 'America's march towards totalitarianism is upsetting to me
as it is to so many others people.I have confidence we will eventually
get back on track.,   That's something I can't change on my own. But I
can alert t\he right people to this one guy. That's apparently  not
you.

But I can do something to stop this guy who is using his knowledge to
harass me and no telling how many others. On the other hand, I coudl
name a few more suspects. I really am a Thoreau type person who likes
to stay at home and read.

I was curious enough about his saying he lived where no one could find
him and that he had a special secret email adddress.  It's been years
and I found he lived in a big aprtment building abd hgis email address
ended with the suffix of dot us or .us.