I have no idea if this is related, but I also do not see settings such as
"Horizontal Scroll" in the Mouse&Touchpad settings window,
and the option "Disable Touchpad While Typing", though displayed and selected,
does not work at all.
This makes typing and development very difficult - as my palm brushes the
touchpad, and the mouse cursor jumps unpredictably, causing me big problems
when editing text.

Please let me know if I need to log a separate bug report for this.
Screenshot attached.

** Attachment added: "no horizontal scroll option, disable touchpad option
doesn't work"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-input-synaptics/+bug/1184160/+attachment/3686601/+files/touchpadSettingsMissing.png

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-synaptics in Ubuntu.

  multitouch - not all 3 finger actions working