Same problem with my Lenovo Ideapad P400 Touch. Could this have
something to do with KVM? Ubuntu always report a error in KVM when

The "closing the lid"/suspending trick also worked with me.

Since P400 is a version made from Lenovo to BestBuy from Z400, it is
probably that users of Ideapad Z400 Touch are also experiencing this
bug.

Is anyone else having problema with the touchpad or my fingers are the
problem?

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-evdev in Ubuntu.

  Touchscreen only works after suspend/resume on Lenovo ideapad P400
  Touch