Thanks --- although I suspect it will be tough on performance. Now the
problem I have... it was in 2003 the last time I had to edit an
xorg.conf file, and now I discovered it's not there anymore. I have seen
a group of files in /ust/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/, but no idea on how and
where to add that option...

  Xorg server crashes when drawing dashed circles