So - I reported this bug over 7 months ago, and no sign at all of any
progress?  And its only ranked as "medium"? Surely it should be at the
very minimum marked as "high", or even "critical".

This bug, causing hard reboots to be required mutilple times every
single day, creates a Ubuntu system that in the real world is unusable
for day-to-day work.

This bug was also reported on the NVidia Developer Forum 3 months ago
btw, and it hasn't even been looked at there either.

https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/537302/both-screens-black-xorg-
at-100-cpu-overflow-errors-in-xorg-0-log-nvidia-driver-310-14-quadro-
fx/#3821607

The signs for a successful resolution/fix, it seems, are not good.

>From my personal experience, NVidia proprietary support for Ubuntu is
still unacceptably poor for my graphics card, as it was for my graphics
card before that, and the one before that.

Nouveau?  Even worse, as it was for my previous graphics card, and the
one before that.  A totally unusable system, hard locking within around
40 seconds of desktop loading.  All bugs reported elsewhere, some going
back almost 4 years, not a single one ever addressed or fixed.

After 8 years, and after countless hours, days and sometimes weeks of
trying to put something *back* into Ubuntu, its business and its
community, with a sense of huge sadness I've finally reached the point
where I feel any further effort I put in is effort wasted.  I had great
hopes for Ubuntu, but I feel I can't live in self-denial any more.
Ubuntu, for me at least, has been a failed experiment - and I have now
lost all faith that that will ever change.

Ubuntu, it appears, is never going to provide me with a stable operating
system that meets my needs.  Its quality and reliability are too
woefully inadequate compared to its propritary competitors (MS Windows,
OSX, Android). It doesn't matter what component is to "blame" for that,
the end-user experience is the same - unacceptably poor.

As such, I'm moving to one of Ubuntu's competitors, and its time for to
close my Launchpad account.

which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers in Ubuntu.

  10de:0ca3 (EE) [mi] EQ overflowing.  Additional events will be
  discarded until existing events are processed