I currently don't have a working digital camera, so I cannot take a screen shot
of the screen.
If I remember the bug correctly, the recovery mode boot is fine (2D graphics
mode), but not the regular boot (3D graphics mode).
Personally, the procedure I am being asked to perform, I believe, is too much.
What I don't like here is, after I do task 1, then I am asked to do task 2, and
then task 3 . . .
Where does it end?
What will satisfy the developers to take a look at the bug?
I believe there will have to be a better system in the future of collecting
relevant bug information than the way stuff is being done currently.
Isn't the observation that Ubuntu 12.04 boot fine in recovery mode (2D graphics
mode), but not with regular boot (3D graphics mode) adequate?

Regards,

fpgahardwareengineer

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-ati in Ubuntu.

  [Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS 32-bit] Unity GUI will hang during bootup with ATI
  Technologies Radeon X600 (RV380) and VIA Technologies PT880 Ultra
  chipset