It dawned on me that a "proposed replacement" might lack such an, um,
"feature" of hardwired 96 dpi.  Now if that will be called progress I'll
invest some time into finding those who arranged that and ruining their
remnants of reputation.

(creating and improving is vastly more important but the feeling of
impunity results in *evil* things, unfortunately)

Folks, hey let's just get this crap fixed, are you still listening to
the community?  XFree86 project used to skip that at times, please
don't.

  Ignores physical display size and calculates based on 96DPI