I have a similar problem with my 7150/630i equipped computer. I just
tried booting the Karmic Alpha 5 x86 (32 bit) Desktop Live CD and was
presented with a text login window instead of a graphical desktop. The
Xorg log file shows:

(II) VESA: driver for VESA chipsets: vesa
(II) FBDEV: driver for framebuffer: fbdev
(II) Primary Device is: PCI 0...@00:10:0
(WW) NV: Ignoring unsupported device 0x10de07e0 (C73 [GeForce 7150 / nForce
630i]) at 0...@00:10:0
(WW) Falling back to old probe method for vesa
(WW) Falling back to old probe method for fbdev
(II) Loading sub module "fbdevhw"
(II) LoadModule: "fbdevhw"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/linux//libfbdevhw.so
(II) Module fbdevhw: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
        ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 5.0
(EE) open /dev/fb0: No such file or directory
(EE) No devices detected.

Fatal server error:
no screens found

Any idea when support for the 7000/71000/7150 chips will be added?

** Attachment added: "full Xorg.0.log"
   http://launchpadlibrarian.net/31380014/Xorg.0.log

--
Intrepid Ibex Live CD nv driver doesn't recognize nVidia GeForce 7100/nForce
630i combo chip