** Description changed:

  Hi. After upgrade (Tue Aug 20, 2013) of nVidia related packages such as:
- nvidia-settings-304, nvidia-current and install nvidia-304 package etc,
- I noticed that after restart, all system fonts were enlarged - terminal
- fonts, desktop fonts, windows fonts. Generally everywhere. I had to
- change size by hand. But there is one more problem: mouse cursor.
+ nvidia-settings, nvidia-current and after installing two new ones -
+ nvidia-304 and nvidia settings-304, I noticed that after restart, all
+ system fonts were enlarged - terminal fonts, desktop fonts, windows
+ fonts. Generally everywhere. I had to change size by hand. But there is
+ one more problem: mouse cursor.

  If the mouse is not in use (I mean e.g. no user reaction) from time to
  time, mouse cursor is disappearing for a one, two seconds. The same
  thing happens when I'm moving mouse or when I'm trying to open/close a
  directory, mark a file by one click or simply - clicking on anything. It
- is pretty strange and annoying. Before today updates, everything was
+ is pretty strange and annoying. Before today's updates, everything was
  okay. All installed packages related to nVidia:

  ,-----[ $ dpkg -l | grep nvidia ]
- | nvidia-304     304.88-0ubuntu0.0.3[1]
+ | nvidia-304     304.88-0ubuntu0.0.3[1]
  | nvidia-common     1:0.2.44.2
- | nvidia-current     304.88-0ubuntu0.0.3
+ | nvidia-current     304.88-0ubuntu0.0.3
  | nvidia-settings     304.88-0ubuntu0.0.3
  | nvidia-settings-304     304.88-0ubuntu0.0.3[1]
  `-----

- Also, there is no icon for a 'NVIDIA X Server Settings' utility
- (available via menu). When I'm trying to open this application, there is
- a message, that I'm not using a 'nvidia' driver and I should run
- 'nvidia-xconfig' as root and restart X11, which I did, but after X11
- restart, everything was so huge. In monitor settings, I could not choose
- 1024x768 resolution, because there was not such option - only three:
- 800x600 and lower etc. Earlier, I could open X Server Settings and
- view/set many options. Honestly, now there is nothing. I had to remove
- '/etc/X11/xorg.conf' file created by nvidia-xconfig command, change
- permission ('chmod 755') and name of a 'xorg.conf.backup' file to
- 'xorg.conf'. After restart, everything seems to return to normal, but
- still there is a problem with mouse cursor.
+ Also, there is no icon for a 'NVIDIA X Server Settings' utility (available
via menu). When I'm trying to open this application, I'm seeing warning
message, that I'm not using a 'nvidia' driver and I should run 'nvidia-xconfig'
as root and restart X11, which I did, but after X11 restart, everything was so
huge. I could not choose 1024x768 resolution, because there was not such option
- only three were available: 800x600 and lower etc.
+ Earlier, I was able to open X Server Settings and view/set many options. I
have had to remove '/etc/X11/xorg.conf' file created by nvidia-xconfig command,
and change name of 'xorg.conf.backup' file to 'xorg.conf'. After restart,
everything seems return to normal, but still there is a problem with mouse
cursor.

  * Architecture: i386
  * DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.04 (Xubuntu 12.04 variant)
  * Uname: Linux 3.2.0-52-generic-pae i686
  * ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu17.4
  * NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  * Xorg version: 1:7.6+12ubuntu2 (xserver-xorg)
  * xserver-xorg-core: 2:1.11.4-0ubuntu10.13

  I'm using Xubuntu 12.04.2 LTS. After/during installation there were no
  need to configure anything related to my nVidia graphics card (GeForce
- 7100). Everything worked out-of-the-box. Till today. Also during system
- closing and/or booting, fonts are changed. Now they are... slimmer.
+ 7100). Everything worked out-of-the-box. Till today. Even during system
+ booting and/or closing (I don't use bootsplash), fonts are changed. Now
+ they are... slimmer. It seems like, that today's upgrade, affects all
+ fonts on the system.

  There is also problem with X11. After - for example - 30 minutes without
- any user reaction, monitor goes black. After moving a mouse, Desktop is
- really horrible. Colors, windows decorations, fonts etc. It looks very,
- very bad. Generally, after today's upgrades of nVidia packages (and
- kernel) something is happening with X11. I don't see anything worrying
- in '/var/log/Xorg.0.log' file. There are three files related to nVidia
- in /etc/modprobe.d/ directory: 'nvidia-304_hybrid.conf', 'nvidia-
- current_hybrid.conf' and 'nvidia-graphics-drivers.conf' (which contains
- e.g. blacklist nouveau, alias nvidia nvidia_304 etc. entries).
+ any user reaction, monitor goes black. After moving a mouse, Desktop
+ looks really horrible. Colors, windows decorations, fonts etc. It looks
+ very, very bad. I don't see anything worrying in '/var/log/Xorg.0.log'
+ file. Also '.xsession-errors' file seems to be okay.

  ,-----[ $ lspci | grep VGA ]
  | 00:10.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation C73 [GeForce 7100 /
nForce 630i] (rev a2)
  `-----

  ,-----[ $ lsb_release -rd ]
  | Release:    12.04
  `-----

  Best regards.
  [1] I have to notice, that nvidia-304 and nvidia-settings-304 packages are
new and were installed during upgrade. Maybe these packages are responsible for
all mentioned problems?

** Tags removed: nvidia-settings
** Tags added: nvidia-settings-304

which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers-304 in Ubuntu.

  Disappearing mouse cursor after nvidia packages update.