The scenario described in comment #25 is not really a common real world
use case. I for one expect lightdm/X to not restart properly in
switching between X and XMir. It's just never worked very reliably in
doing so. And that's true for intel graphics too, in my experience.

So have we ever seen this bug occur in the more common (and more
important) use case of booting straight into XMir?

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-ati in Ubuntu.

  Unity doesn't start on ATI test machine (Mir fails to respond to
  drm_auth_magic request)