Public bug reported:

I had a fresh install of Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS.

I downloaded skype-ubuntu-precise_4.2.0.11-1_i386.deb from the official
site and installed it on my Haswell (i7 4770k) computer wich uses Intel
Graphics. No video card in this system.

Both local and remote skype video on my screen was solid green, the
remote partner could see me without problems.

I tried downgrading to skype-debian_2.2.0.35-1_amd64.deb which is known
to be working on my Sandy Bridge ( i7 2630QM) machine. This resulted in
local (preview) video working both remote still being solid green.

I found a workaround that fixed both skype versions:

- Generate an /etc/X11/xorg.conf with Xorg -configure
- Add  the folowing to Device section for Intel Graphics
     Option      "AccelMethod"  "uxa"

This wrokaround slows down all accelerated graphics - I wish the default
would work..

** Affects: xorg-server-lts-raring (Ubuntu)

which is subscribed to xorg-server-lts-raring in Ubuntu.

  Skype video is green on Hashwell