I don't remember what I was doing. This happens from time to time in an
apparently random manner when doing "usual stuff", no reproducible
pattern.

I don't use the Chromium browser but I do use Google Chrome. Definitely
not loads of windows open; I may have had at most 2 or 3 (but most
probably only one), with a few tabs (at the very most a dozen, most
probably 5 or 6).

Other windows I almost always keep open are: Thunderbird, Gedit,
Nautilus, Terminal.

It's very funny that there are no signs of a xorg crash, because I got
suddenly logged out without warning: doesn't that indicate a xorg crash?
Maybe it crashed "so hard" it couldn't even log anything?

There are a few other xorg crash reports of mine like this around. They
are separate because I use ubuntu-bug to report them so that relevant
files are (hopefully) attached.

which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers-304 in Ubuntu.

  random xorg crash