I double-checked the workaround and it still didn't work.

The photo this time shows what LightDM looks like after I run "sudo
mir_demo_client_egltriangle" on another VT. The triangle looks perfectly
fine and spins with smooth 60 fps, but everything else is still garbage.

I don't have the time right now to downgrade all mir-related packages,
but I'll try that later.

** Attachment added: "mir_demo_client_egltriangle"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg-server/+bug/1218815/+attachment/3800782/+files/IMG_20130903_131722.jpg

  [radeon] Graphic glitches and screen corruption (vertical lines)