The right click on the touch-operated Ubuntu Desktop is not completely
unimplemented. Besides the possibility of using the right-click
emulation of Onboard one can right-click by holding one finger on the
place where one wants to right click, and while holding the finger down
tapping with another finger on an arbitrary place of the touch screen
and after that sliding the held down first finger through the context
menu to the desired item and releasing there, which leads to the item
being selected. It works on the standard (in my case Unity) desktop and
even in XBMC.

This gesture is rather awkward and far from intuitive to find without
any instructions (see the time between this comment and my creation of
the touch screen/convertible Blueprint to which this bug is linked),
especially also where Android and Windows 8 use a long press as right
click, and the Ubuntu Desktop is usually installed as an alternative
operating system on machines which are originally supplied with Windows
or Android and so conserving operation schemes from these systems makes
switching over to Ubuntu much easier.

  Touch screen: Right click should be emulated by long press, like under
  Windows 8 and Android