Public bug reported:

I am running Mythbuntu 12.04.3 LTS on a system with Intel HD Graphics
2500 integrated video.  It had been working fine, however when I
upgraded to xserver-xorg-video-intel version 2.19.0-0ubuntu1, I started
getting graphical corruption in some video states, such as on the
desktop and, most importantly, during video playback when using the
MythTV Xv video output driver.  These appeared as small discolored
blocks peppered throughout the display.  Downgrading to
2.17.0-1ubuntu4.4 has fixed the problem for the moment, so it appears to
be something specific to the driver update.

** Affects: xserver-xorg-video-intel (Ubuntu)

  Graphical corruption with recent xserver-xorg-video-intel update