For folks using Ubuntu 12.04LTS, and can't use the quantal/raring/newer
X server (due to whatever reasons, like maybe a binary-only video driver
for a "legacy" video card), this patch may work for you.

It's a first attempt at backporting Peter Hutterer's touch-grab-race-
condition-56578-v3 branch.  Some sections aren't pretty due to all the
indentation changes, but it works for me.  :)  The patch was done mostly
by hand.

In order to use the patch you have to comment out the following from the series
file:
505_query_pointer_touchscreen.patch
506_touchscreen_pointer_emulation_checks.patch
507_touchscreen_fixes.patch

Let me re-state, this patch is for xserver-xorg-
core_1.11.4-0ubuntu10.*.deb  Specifically I based it off of xserver-
xorg-core_1.11.4-0ubuntu10.14_i386.deb

Please let me know what you think.  Thanks!
Chris

** Patch added: "first attempt at 12.04 LTS xserver fix for touchscreen bugs"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg-server/+bug/1015183/+attachment/3907108/+files/517-touchscreen_fixes2.patch

  Inconsistent mouse events for Acer T231H multitouch monitor