My Logitech mouse (B110) has started to give me double instead of single clicks
when using the left mouse button, and the problem has been getting worse for a
few months. Webbrowsing became quite annoying, because every time you click
'back', the browser woudl go back two pages.
This seems mostly a hardware problem, although other OS-es might handle the
situation a bit better.

My solution: I opened the mouse and put two small pieces of yellow Post-
it note on top of the two switches for the mouse buttons, and closed the
mouse again. The extra thickness ensures that the microswitche contacts
move enough to prevent contact bounce. It now works 100% reliably again.

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-evdev in Ubuntu.

  Randomly I get double clicks when I do a single click.