Public bug reported:

Having installed Lubuntu 13.10 an a Sony Vaio PCG-F540, the colors are
wrong.

What should be blue, appears green.  What should be red appears blue.
What should be green appears red.  I checked this by specifying R, G, B,
hexadecimal values.

During the boot process (when Lubuntu with its logo, and the flashing
dots below, displayed in graphics mode), the colors are correct.  It
isn't until the login screen appears that the colors are wrong.  colors
are wrong everywhere - in the wallpaper, and displaying photos, for
example, as well as in the resource monitor task-bar applet (with which
I tried different R,G,B values).

I was able to run the Lubuntu (LXLE version) 12.04 live CD, and the
colors were correct everywhere I checked, so the problem appears to have
been introduced after 12.04.

The symptoms were that the colors were wrong.

My expectations were that the colors would be right (blue=blue, red=red,
and green=green).

ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 13.10
Package: xserver-xorg-video-neomagic 1:1.2.7-0ubuntu3
Uname: Linux 3.11.0-13-generic i686
ApportVersion: 2.12.5-0ubuntu2.1
Architecture: i386