I can duplicate this on the onboard graphics of A Gigabyte M61P-S3 with a:
*-display
          product: C61 [GeForce 6150SE nForce 430]
          vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
          physical id: d
          bus info: pci@0000:00:0d.0
          version: a2
          width: 64 bits
          clock: 66MHz
          capabilities: pm msi vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
          configuration: driver=nvidia latency=0
          resources: irq:21 memory:f2000000-f2ffffff memory:e0000000-efffffff
memory:f3000000-f3ffffff memory:80000000-8001ffff

Switching to the proprietary driver was a good workaround for me.

Bill.

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-nouveau in Ubuntu.

  gnome-control-center crashes ubuntu on closing