I've a very similar problem using the Italian language on my kubuntu 9.04 amd64
system.
Openoffice and gnucash work correctly (they see the decimal separator of the
keypad like a comma as prescrived by the current locale), but speedcrunch,
kate, firefox, thunderbird and a lot of other programs see the decimal
separator like a dot.
Shouldn't the KP_Decimal value be aligned with the locale settings?
This is the output of xmodmap -pke for this key:
keycode  91 = KP_Delete KP_Decimal KP_Delete KP_Decimal KP_Delete KP_Decimal
Thank you,
Xwang

--
keymap fr: numpad '.' mapped to period instead of KP_Decimal
which is subscribed to xkeyboard-config in ubuntu.